Monday, February 18, 2019

1:43 Barnett Ferrari 290 MM Fangio

In 2018, I commissioned Steve Barnett to build a Ferrari 290 MM and Maserati 450 S. For me these two cars belong to the "Golden Age" of racing. Imagine a Ferrari being driven by the world's best driver Juan Manual Fangio against top competition. If I could go back in time, I'll definitely choose the 1950s and 1960s to witness the epic battle between Ferrari and Maserati. Unfortunately I can't do that. Unless I have tens of millions of dollars to own the real car, I would have to settle with these beautiful 1:43 models. Due to  budgetary constraints, I asked Steve to build a "curb or simple version" of the model. 



Built from an AMG kit with engine details. Steve told me that the kit was badly cast. He remade some parts of the suspension and soldered these for strength. Door hinges were remade so that the doors could open and close.




This car has the iconic Blue and yellow color of the nose.




Although this model didn't receive the full treatment to show Steve's abilities, I was satisfied with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment